What to Know
- Plug any USB keyboard into a USB port on the Switch dock. The Switch should detect the keyboard right away.
- When the Switch is in handheld mode, you can connect a keyboard using a USB to USB-C converter.
- You can also use a wireless keyboard by plugging a Bluetooth dongle into the Switch dock.
This article explains what you need to use the Nintendo Switch with a USB keyboard and mouse. This information applies to the Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo Switch Lite.
You are reading: How to Use Nintendo Switch With a Keyboard and Mouse
What You Need to Play Games With a Keyboard and Mouse on the Switch
If you enjoy playing games like Fortnite on Nintendo Switch, but you prefer the controller layout of a PC, you're in luck.
To play games using a keyboard and mouse on the Switch, you might need to purchase some extra peripherals.
If you already have a gaming keyboard you like, there are also USB adapters for gaming consoles.
Nintendo Switch Keyboard and Mouse Support
Most USB keyboards are compatible with the Nintendo Switch, but you can't play games with a regular keyboard. You can, however, use it to input passwords and other text. Many people find a physical keyboard is far more convenient than the Switch's on-screen keyboard for things like adding comments to screenshots you upload to social media. Plugging a standard gaming mouse into the Switch will have no effect.
Some companies make keyboards exclusively for the Switch, but the only difference is that they have slots on the sides to hold the Joy-Con controllers. However, since you still can't play games with the keyboard itself, there's no reason to purchase a special keyboard just for the Switch.
- Read more:
- flip off mirror pictures on Samsung Galaxy S8?
- How one can discover the scale of any file in your iPhone and iPad with a fast Shortcut
- How To Take Screenshots On Samsung S4: 4 Lifeless Straightforward Methods
- The way to take away checkered background in photoshop?
- SOLVED! – MetroPCS Visible Voicemail Not Working
How to Connect a Keyboard to the Nintendo Switch
You can plug any USB keyboard into one of the USB ports on the Switch dock. The Switch should detect the keyboard right away. No additional setup is necessary.
It is also possible to use a keyboard while the Switch is in handheld mode with the assistance of a USB to USB-C converter. You can even use a wireless keyboard with the Switch. Just plug a Bluetooth dongle into the Switch dock, and it should automatically work.
- Read more:
- How you can Join 3 Screens to a Laptop computer – Docking Stations Defined
- 7 Warning Indicators Your Monitor Is Dying
- How to See Old Notifications on iPhone
- Easy methods to Add Buddies on Steam
- How To Listen To Music On A Plane?
- Can I use a keyboard and mouse in Fortnite on Nintendo Switch?
You can play Fornite and other games on Switch with a specialty keyboard like the Gamesir VX AimSwitch.
- How do I change the keyboard controls on Nintendo Switch?
- How do I connect Bluetooth headphones to my Nintendo Switch?
- How do I connect my Nintendo Switch to my laptop?
To connect a Nintendo Switch to a laptop, you need an HDMI capture card like the Elgato HD60. Alternatively, many Switch games have a PC version that you can buy.