- How to Create a Word Document?
- How to Open a Word Document?
- Best Word Document Creators
- How to Create a Document in MS Word?
- How to Sign a Word Document?
- How to add Password to Word Document?
- How to Cite a Word Document?
- How to Make Word Document Read Only?
- How to Sign a Document in Word?
- How to Recover Unsaved Word Document?
- How to Convert a Word Document to PDF?
- How to Save a Word Document as a PDF?
- How to Search a Word in a Document?
- How to Change PDF to Word Document
- How to Delete a Blank Page in a Word Document?
- How to Duplicate a Word Document?
- How to Remove Comments from a Word Document?
- How to Divide Word Document into Sections?
- How to Make a Word Document Landscape?
- How to Screenshot a Word Document?
- How to Save a Word Document to Google Docs?
- How to Select Entire Document in Word?
- How to Reduce the Size of a Word Document?
- How to Compress a Word Document?
- How to Recover Lost Word Document?
- How to Make Fillable Word Document?
- How to Retrieve a Word Document?
- How to Draw on a Word Document?
- How to Insert a Document in Word?
- How to Rename a Word Document?
- How to Share a Word Document?
- How to Split Word Document in Half?
- How to Delete a Page in Word Document?
- How to Print a Word Version Without Comments?
- How to Encrypt a Word Document?
- How to Email a Word Document?
- How to Unprotect a Word Document?
- How to Delete a Word Document?
- How to Highlight all Instances of a Word in a Document?
Whether you have used Word for years or you’re new to the program, there’s always going to be something you might need to check how to perform it on Word. This how-to guide contains some of the most popular searches on how to work with documents in Word.
You are reading: Your Complete How-to Guide on Word Documents
How to Create a Word Document?
Start by opening Word on your computer. You will be given the option to either open a template or a blank document. Choose a template if the document you want to create falls in any of the categories of templates shown. There are templates for proposals, letters, resumes, greeting cards and so much more. If you want to create your own document, simply choose Blank document. Once you have made your choice, click “Create.” The document is now created and you are ready to get started.
How to Open a Word Document?
If you are already in Microsoft Word:
- Click the Office Button.
- Select Open from the drop-down menu.
- In the box that opens, choose the location where the document is saved.
- Search for the document name (files are usually in alphabetical order).
- Click the file to highlight it and then press Enter.
From the Start Menu:
- Click the Start button at the bottom left corner.
- Search for Microsoft Office Word and click it.
- A blank document will open and you can follow the above instructions to open a saved document.
Best Word Document Creators
Word documents are created by Microsoft. Microsoft Word is the most commonly used Word processor although there are alternatives. If you do not have Word, the best alternatives would be:
- Google Docs
- Dropbox Paper
- Apache Open Office
How to Create a Document in MS Word?
- Open MS Word
- Go to the Office button in the top left corner and click it.
- Choose Blank document if you want to create a document from scratch, or select a template.
- Click Create and the new MS Word Document will be created.
How to Sign a Word Document?
- Open the document you want to sign in Word.
- Place the pointer where you want to sign the document.
- Choose the Insert tab.
- On the Insert tab, choose Signature Line. (it's toward the end of the tab).
- A Signature Setup box will appear and you can fill in the information you want to appear with the signature.
- Click OK and the signature box will appear where you had placed the pointer.
- Right-click in the box and then choose Sign in the drop-down list.
- Either type your name into the space or choose Select Image and upload an image of your signature in the box.
How to add Password to Word Document?
- First save the document.
- Click the Office Button and point at “Prepare.”
- In the menu that opens, select Encrypt Document.
- Enter your preferred password in the Popup box.
- Click OK and you are done.
How to Cite a Word Document?
- Place the cursor at the point you want to cite.
- Click the Reference tab and then select Style to choose a style.
- Choose Insert Citation and go to Add New Source.
- Enter information about the source then click OK.
Note: Once you have entered information about a source, it will be stored in libraries and you can use it again.
How to Make Word Document Read Only?
- Open the review tab.
- Select Restrict Editing.
- In the Editing restrictions section, ensure the option “No changes (Read-only) is selected.
- Select “Yes, Start Enforcing Protection.”
- A box will open and you will have to type a password to ensure a person will not Stop Protection.
How to Sign a Document in Word?
If the area to be signed has already been indicated and all you have to do is place your signature, then follow these steps:
- Right-click in the signature box.
- Select Sign from the list that appears.
- Either type your name in the field or upload an image of your signature.
How to Recover Unsaved Word Document?
When you turn on Microsoft Word, recovered unsaved documents will be visible on the left of your screen. Double click the document and it will load on the main screen. Make sure you save the document immediately.
- Select File Tab at the top left.
- Choose Manage Document.
- Click Recover Unsaved Documents.
- Select the recovered document and save it.
How to Convert a Word Document to PDF?
You can use an online converter. Adobe Acrobat provides a free converter that is popular.
- Read more:
- Tips on how to Set up SO Participant on FireStick
- The way to Add Photographs To Google Evaluation
- How To Get Lower In Pokemon Fireplace Pink
- How To Verify If Bootloader is Unlocked on Android in 2022?
- How to Get Hulu on PS4 Outside the USA in 2022
How to Save a Word Document as a PDF?
- Open the Word Document.
- In the File menu, select Save As.
- Change the File Type to PDF.
- Click Save and a PDF copy will be saved.
How to Search a Word in a Document?
- In the Home tab, click Find.
- Type the word you are searching for in the “Find what” space.
- Click Find in and choose Main Document.
The word you are looking for will be highlighted in the document.
How to Change PDF to Word Document
When using Word:
- Click Open.
- In the box that appears, click the tab just above the Open and Cancel buttons.
- In the list that drops down, select All Documents.
- Search for the PDF document you want to change and select it.
- Click Open.
Note: There is likely to be distortion in the appearance of the document you have changed.
How to Delete a Blank Page in a Word Document?
- Go to the View tab.
- Select Thumbnails in the Show/Hide box.
- A pen will open on the left of your document with page thumbnails.
- Click the blank page thumbnail to highlight it.
- Press Delete until the page is removed.
How to Duplicate a Word Document?
- Open Word.
- Go to File and click Open.
- Find the document you want to duplicate.
- Right-click on the document and select “Open as copy”.
- Save the duplicate file with the name of your choice.
How to Remove Comments from a Word Document?
- For a single comment, right-click on that comment and select Delete Comment.
- If you want to delete all comments, select the Review tab, click the arrow under Delete and choose Delete all comments in document.
How to Divide Word Document into Sections?
- Go to Page Layout tab.
- Choose from the different sections in the Page Setup box.
How to Make a Word Document Landscape?
For the entire document:
- Go to Page Layout.
- Select Orientation.
- Choose Landscape.
For just one page:
- Select the image or text you want to landscape.
- In the Layout tab, select Page Setup and open the dialogue box.
- Click Landscape and select “Selected text” in the Apply to field.
How to Screenshot a Word Document?
- Open the document you want to screenshot.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+PrtScrn.
- Paste the shot where you want it.
How to Save a Word Document to Google Docs?
- Open the document in Word.
- Highlight all the content in the page.
- Copy the content.
- Open a new Google Doc.
- Place the cursor on the document and paste.
- Click the “Untitled document” and the Doc name will be saved.
How to Select Entire Document in Word?
- Select Ctrl+A to select the entire document in Word.
How to Reduce the Size of a Word Document?
Here are a few actions you can perform to reduce the size of a Word Document:
- Compress pictures.
- Avoid embedded text.
- Use low resolutions to save pictures.
How to Compress a Word Document?
By compressing Images
- Click the picture in the document to highlight it.
- Go to Picture Format in the top menu.
- Select compress pictures.
- Select the compression option that applies to your image.
- Click OK.
By Saving in a new format
If your Word document is saved in .doc format, you should change it to the compressed .docx format.
- Read more:
- Methods to Get a Sub Button on Twitch
- Does Aluminum Foil Block Metallic Detectors
- How much music can a 2gb ipod shuffle hold?
- A Guide on How to Uninstall Fortnite on Mac
- How one can See What Filter You Used on Snapchat Recollections
- Open the document and click the Home Button.
- Select Save As.
- In File Type, Choose .docx and save.
How to Recover Lost Word Document?
- Create a new document.
- Go to the File Tab.
- Select Manage Document.
- Choose Recover Unsaved Documents.
- Search for the lost document.
- Click the file and it will open.
How to Make Fillable Word Document?
Using the Developer tab, you can find several controls that can help you design a fillable form in Word.
- Click the Developer tab.
- Choose Controls to add to your document.
- Use design Mode to customize filler text.
- Select Properties to customize content control.
How to Retrieve a Word Document?
If you deleted a Word document and then discovered you still need it, there is still a lifeline for you. Deleted files are stored in the recycle bin.
- Open the Recycle bin.
- Go through the list of files in the bin and locate the one you deleted.
- Right-click the deleted file and then select “Restore.”
If you have a backup system, you can also retrieve the document from the system.
You can also check emails sent in case you had shared the document with someone.
How to Draw on a Word Document?
- Click Insert.
- Select Shapes from the menu.
- Choose Scribble tool.
- Hold down the left mouse button and drag the mouse to draw the shape you want.
- Let go of the button to begin drawing from a different point.
How to Insert a Document in Word?
- Open the Word Document you Intend to have a document inserted into.
- Place the cursor in the position the document will be inserted.
- Click the Insert tab.
- Click the arrow under Object.
- Select Text from file…
- Search for the document you want to insert and double click on it.
How to Rename a Word Document?
- Ensure the document is closed.
- Go to Libraries by clicking the folder icon at the bottom of the Window.
- Look for the document you want to rename.
- Right-click on the document and then select Rename.
- The document name is highlighted and you can now type the new name.
- Press Enter to confirm.
How to Share a Word Document?
You can choose to send the document to another person as an email attachment. Alternatively, you can save the document on OneDrive and then share the link to the document.
How to Split Word Document in Half?
- Go to Page Layout tab.
- Click the arrow below Columns in Page Setup.
- In the drop list, select Two.
How to Delete a Page in Word Document?
- Click the page you want to delete.
- Press Ctrl+G.
- Type page in the box labeled “Enter page number”.
- Press Enter to highlight all the content of that page then click close.
- Press Delete.
- Now delete the blank page.
How to Print a Word Version Without Comments?
- Open the Review tab.
- Select “Show Markup”.
- Uncheck the Comment box.
- Click Print.
- Select Document in the Print What box.
- Click OK to confirm action .
How to Encrypt a Word Document?
- Open the document you want to Encrypt.
- On the Office menu, choose Prepare.
- Select Encrypt Document.
- Enter Password you wish to use.
- Reenter the password to confirm it is what you wanted.
- Click OK.
How to Email a Word Document?
- Sign in to your email account and select Compose.
- Click attachment .
- Search the library for the document you want to email.
- Double click the document.
- Enter the recipient's email address and whatever content you wish to add then send.
How to Unprotect a Word Document?
You need to have the password for the document you want to unprotect. Open the document and follow the same procedure you followed to add a password, However, when you get to Encrypt with Password, remove the password instead and click OK.
How to Delete a Word Document?
- Make sure the document is closed.
- Proceed to the Library and search for the document you want to delete.
- Right-click on the document and select Delete.
- Confirm your action.
How to Highlight all Instances of a Word in a Document?
- Go to the Find tool at the end of the Home tab.
- In the Find what box, type the Word you wish to highlight.
- Click Find in and choose Main Document.
- All instances of the Word will be highlighted.