Windows Phone 8.1, 8, Win 10 are popular mobile operating system. Today we will learn how to perform hard / master factory reset on Windows Phone normally or in case you forgot your screen lock password. In general, there are two ways to hard reset Microsoft Windows Phone using system settings with Password and by using hardware buttons (without password). Don’t worry if you have forgotten you lock screen password and don’t know how to unlock it. The way to restore factory settings in Win 8, 10, 8.1 is quite similar to android phones.
You are reading: How to factory reset settings on Windows Phone if Forgot password
- Factory Reset Windows Phone
- Hard Reset Windows 8 Phone if you forgot password
- How to Start or Stop Windows services in Windows 10 / 7 / 8 / XP
Factory Reset Windows Phone
Before starting make sure that you have backup of all your apps, common contacts and personal content as soft / factory reset will uninstall all the downloaded apps and delete all the content in the phone memory. The first method to reset your Windows Phone will work when you know the Password to unlock the screen, as you need access to system Settings App to accomplish it. Also, make sure your phone is at least 50% charged.
To restore factory settings on Windows phone, do the following:
- Go the System Settings
- Under System section Scroll down to ABOUT
- Scroll down and you Will find “Reset Your Phone” button, click on it
- A pop will flash on the screen telling “all your pictures, videos, music, content will be erased”
- Click on YES to perform factory reset
- Now the phone will reboot and the phone will be restored to factory settings
Don’t check “Erase SD card too” as it will delete data on the memory card.
- Read more:
- DESTINY 2: How To Get Exotics In 2021 (5 Easy Methods)
- Methods to Join LG TV to WiFi with out Distant (It’s Simple!)
- How to Delete Snapchat (+With Pictures)
- How To Watch CW on Apple TV? Complete Guide
- Why Does Spotify Take So Much Storage & How To Reduce It
- The VCRUNTIME140.dll Is Missing… Get it Replaced!
Well if you have forgotten your password to unlock the Windows mobile phone then the above method will not work instead you have to try the below recovery method. This method will bypass the password you set and after the phone is restored to factory setting you can set a new password.
Hard Reset Windows 8 Phone if you forgot password
- Turn off you Mobile Phone
- Press the Power Key and immediately after phone vibrates press Volume Down until, exclamation sign appear on the display
- Press the buttons in this order: Volume UP, Volume Down, Power Key, Volume Down
- Now wait for some time, until the phone will be formatted and restart
After Soft reset you have to configure your phone (time, settings, WiFi key etc).
This tutorial will work on almost all windows phone 10, 8, 8.1 including Nokia Lumia 521 / 520 / 535, Microsoft Lumia, Micromax Canvas Win, Alcatel One Touch, Xolo, Samsung ATIV, HTC, BLU, Lava, Xolo, Acer liquid, Diginnos, Geanee, Panasonic, Coship, Celkon, Condor, iBall, Karbonn, Q-Smart, K-touch, Archos, Allview and Huawei Ascend.
- Read more:
- How many pictures can 16gb iphone hold
- Hyperlink Steam to Discord & Repair “Didn’t Join Steam to Discord” [MiniTool News]
- How to Create a Team on Twitch – 4 Easy Steps
- How to power off Samsung Galaxy S21
- The right way to Resize Browser Window in Google Chrome