If the website you’re visiting is not responding or the content within the page is not getting updated with the changes you’ve made, then it’s recommended to perform a hard refresh on the website.
You are reading: How to Hard Refresh and Reload a Web Page in Safari Mac?
The hard refresh or reload will delete all the content and cache files stored in the browser cache. Hence, it results in new browser content being downloaded from the webserver.
Just yesterday, I was writing away furiously on google docs without even glancing at the screen once, and none of what I wrote got updated on the web page. I got so annoyed that I had written nearly 300-350 words. I thought all my hard work would go in vain, and it made me all the angrier and more frustrated.
So, I decided to discover how to refresh on the mac, which will help me resolve my problems and save a significant amount of time.
You might notice the website is loading slowly for the first time after the hard refresh; however, this is an expected behavior after clearing the cache from safari.
Hard Refresh a Page in Safari Mac
When the website fails to load or update the data, it is frustrating and tedious when you run out of time and want to get your work done as fast as possible.
- Read more:
- How to wrap text around table in a google doc
- Fix Amazon Echo Show Black Screen – Easy Steps
- How to Make Public Profile on Snapchat?
- YouTube Email Finder: 3 Best Ways to Find Email Associated with YouTube Account
- Android TV Screen Recorder In 5 steps (Amazing)
Here are the steps to hard refresh a website page on the Safari browser on Mac:
- Launch the Apple Safari browser on the computer.
- Open the Website that you want to refresh hard.
- Keypress and hold the Command button on the keyboard.
- Within the URL bar, click on the refresh icon in the browser.
It will reload the website again on the safari browser.
It will delete all the files and cache storage for the website and perform a hard reload. This way, the hard refresh safari feature is useful.
Reloading the page after a hard refresh will take some time. The locally cached files are deleted, and new files are downloaded from the server.
Bottom Line: Safari Hard Refresh
The safari hard refresh feature turned out to be very helpful since I got the data back that I had invested so much time writing upon. It saved a lot of time as well as energy. I was able to submit the document to my teacher before the deadline, and I did not lose any marks.
The hard refresh in safari can take some time since it reloads new and updated data and deletes the cache. The process is a bit tedious and may take up time. Your website will load with all the updated information, and you will have no complaints.
- Read more:
- What is the cheat to change lot type in Sims 4?
- Can You Track a Phone Without a Sim Card?
- How To Discover Mates On Spotify – The Best Manner
- How to turn off Kindle Paperwhite – Quick Answers
- Batman Animated Movies in Order: The Ultimate Watching Order
Similarly, you can hard refresh and reload in Safari iPhone. It will clear the website’s cache from the safari browser from hand-held devices.
I hope that reading this article would benefit you in using the hard reload safari feature, which also ensures a hassle-free loading of websites in the future.
F.A.Q: Hard Reload Page in Safari macOS
Now, let us go through the frequently asked questions regarding how to hard refresh and reload Web Page in Safari macOS.