- How to Propose New Meeting Time in Google Calendar on a PC
- How to Propose a New Meeting Time in Google Calendar on an iPhone
- How to Propose a New Meeting Time in Google Calendar on an Android Device
- How to Propose a New Meeting Time in Google Calendar on an iPad
- How do I suggest a new time after accepting Google Calendar?
- Why is the “Propose a new time” option not showing up?
- What happens when you propose a new time?
- Fit Every Meeting Into Your Schedule
You are reading: How To Propose a New Meeting Time in Google Calendar
- Device Missing?
As a free online calendar option, Google Calendar has become a go-to solution for scheduling. One of its greatest strengths is the ability to make event organization much more manageable.
However, when you receive an event invitation, the scheduled time might not fit into your timetable. Luckily, Google Calendar features an option to propose a new time.
This article will show you how to use that option on different devices and reschedule a meeting or event.
How to Propose New Meeting Time in Google Calendar on a PC
You can edit your Google Calendar meetings on PC using your browser of choice.
- Open the browser and log in to Google.
- Click on the checkered grid icon next to your profile picture to open the list of Google apps.
- Find Google Calendar and click on it.
- Once Google Calendar opens, find and click on a particular event.
- You’ll see a pop-up with meeting details, including the event name and attendees. Find the “Going?” section at the bottom of the window and click on the down-facing arrow on the right.
- Two new options will appear: “Propose a new time” and “Add note.” Of course, you’ll want to click on “Propose a new time.”
- This option will take you to a new page displaying all relevant event information. Your schedule for the date and time in question will be on the right. The current event time will be on the left, with the “Your proposal” section just below.
- Choose a new proposed event time using the drop-down menus in the “Your proposal” section.
- Once you’ve selected the desired time, you’ll have the option to write a message for the event organizer. Attaching a message to your proposal isn’t necessary, and you can skip this step if you wish.
- Click on the “Send proposal” button to submit your changes.
When the event organizer sees the change you’ve suggested, they’ll be able to review it and save the change. In that case, Google Calendar will create a new schedule.
Another way to propose a meeting reschedule on PC is to use Gmail. This method will only apply if you’ve received an event invitation via email.
- Read more:
- How To Remove Mist From Watch
- How Can You Tell A Fake Snapchat Account?
- How to enable or disable System Print Dialog in Chrome browser
- Find out how to Create Hyphens, En Dashes, and Em Dashes in Google Docs
- How To Save or Download a GIF and Reshare Them on Social Media
- Open your Gmail inbox and find the invitation email.
- You’ll see the “Yes,” “Maybe,” and “No” attendance replies at the bottom of the email, as well as a “More options” button. Click on “More options.”
- A short drop-down menu will show up. Selecting “Propose new time” will take you to the Google Calendar page for the event. From there, you can proceed with steps 7-10 from the method described above.
How to Propose a New Meeting Time in Google Calendar on an iPhone
Using Google Calendar on an iPhone is made easier with the mobile app available from the App Store. You can propose a new meeting time with the following method:
- Open the Google Calendar app, making sure you’re logged in.
- Find the event in question and tap it.
- The event screen will come up. You’ll see the “Going?” section at the bottom, with the “Yes,” “No,” and “Maybe” options and an up arrow. Tap the arrow.
- You’ll see a pair of new buttons: “Propose a new time” and “Add a note.” Select “Propose a new time.”
- The “Propose a new time” option will take you to a new screen where you can view and modify the original time. Tap the desired section and select the new time.
- Tap send to submit the proposal. Note that, at this point, the proposed time change won’t be sent to the event organizer.
- There’ll be a new screen where you’ll be able to confirm attendance. Select either the “Yes,” “No,” or “Maybe” option and tap “Save” at the bottom right. After this step, the organizer will receive a notification about your proposition.
How to Propose a New Meeting Time in Google Calendar on an Android Device
Android users can download Google Calendar from the Play Store, making this tool easy to use on the go. Proposing a new time for an event via the Android app is relatively straightforward and can be done by following these steps:
- Ensure you’re logged into Google and open Google Calendar on your phone.
- Locate the desired event in the app and tap on it.
- You’ll be taken to the event screen, where you’ll notice the “Going?” section. This section, located at the bottom, will contain the “Yes,” “No,” and “Maybe” buttons, as well as an arrow at the very end. Tapping that arrow will take you to the next step.
- When the arrow menu expands, tap the “Propose a new time” option to go to the event time screen.
- This new screen will have the date and time displayed in drop-down menus, which you can activate by tapping them. You’ll be able to select a new time from these menus. Once done, tap “Send.”
- Finally, you’ll see a new screen where you can confirm your attendance at the event. There’ll also be a “Save” button that you’ll need to tap to complete the process.
How to Propose a New Meeting Time in Google Calendar on an iPad
You can find the Google Calendar app for iOS devices in the App Store. Installing this app on your iPad will make proposing a new time for events straightforward.:
- Open Google Calendar on your iPad and check if you’re logged into your account.
- Search for the upcoming event, and tap on it.
- You’ll see the event screen with the “Going?” section at the bottom. You’ll need to tap the arrow located next to the “Yes,” “No,” and “Maybe” options.
- New options to propose a new time and add a note will show up. Tap on “Propose a new time.”
- You’ll be taken to a new screen displaying the selected event time and date. These sections function like drop-down menus, which you can expand to select a different time or date.
- Once you’ve chosen a more appropriate time for the event, tap “Send” to proceed to the final step of the process.
- A new screen will prompt you to select “Yes,” “No,” or “Maybe” to confirm your RSVP. After that, you’ll be able to tap “Save,” and your proposition will be sent to the event organizer.
How do I suggest a new time after accepting Google Calendar?
If you’ve already accepted an event invitation on Google Calendar, you can still suggest a new time for the meeting or event in question. You can use your browser to access the calendar and submit a time change proposal on a PC. This process is even easier via the Android or iOS app on a smartphone.
Why is the “Propose a new time” option not showing up?
The “Propose a new time” button might be unavailable in two cases. The first is if you aren’t only an attendee but the event organizer. Only guests have the option to propose a new time, while organizers need to use the rescheduling method.
The other possibility is that the event has 200 or more attendees or is marked as an all-day event. In those cases, proposals will be turned off automatically.
- Read more:
- How To Delete Videos On Snapchat
- Can You Backup iPhone To Mac With out Cable (Discover Out Now)
- Smash Final: How To Unlock Cloud
- Sites That Allow You To Watch Movies On The PS4
- How to Watch Philo on Samsung Smart TV?
What happens when you propose a new time?
Once you propose a new time for an event, the proposal will be sent to the organizer. They can then either accept it and save the change or decline it. If the event organizer saves the new event time, Google Calendar will update the new schedule for all guests. If the proposal is declined, there’ll be no changes.
It’s worth mentioning that event organizers need to have “Event responses” turned on in Google Calendar to receive notifications via email. If they don’t do that, notifications will be visible only on Google Calendar and might not get noticed in time.
Fit Every Meeting Into Your Schedule
With the option to propose a new time for events and meetings at hand, you can ensure that your schedule never gets too tight or crowded.
It’s easy to suggest a change in mere minutes using either the browser on your PC or a mobile app on your phone. Whether you’re at home, in the office, or out and about, you’ll be able to get your timetable in order without a problem.
Have you managed to propose a new time for an event on Google Calendar? Which platform did you use? Let us know in the comments section below.