Riddles are fun! Everyone enjoys trying to solve riddles or stump their friends with a particularly difficult one. Not only are riddles enjoyable, there are also several benefits to solving riddles.
You are reading: 76 Best Riddles For Teens (Short, Hard, Funny…)
- Riddles work your brain, by making one use their brain differently.
- Riddles require critical thinking
- Riddles create problem-solving skills
These benefits are especially important for teens as they can actually help raise their IQ and prepare them for tests such as the SAT and ACT.
In this article, we begin with some easy-to-remember short riddles, then challenge you with some hard riddles for teens. You will laugh at our funny and clever riddles for teens. The article ends with some zany Christmas riddles for teens perfect for laughter at a holiday party.
Short Riddles for Teens
It’s fun to share riddles with friends. However, sometimes it is hard to remember them. That’s the great thing about short riddles; they are easy to remember. Some of the following riddles you may have heard before, but you are sure to find a few new ones to stump your friends with. Riddle on!
- What gets wetter and wetter the more it dries?
- What do you find at the end of the line?
- What kind of room has no doors or windows?
- How can a man go seven days without sleep?
- What kind of tree can you carry in your hand?
- What did English say to Algebra when they were arguing?
- What fruit is always sad?
- What is it that has a bottom at the top of them?
- During which month do people sleep the least?
- What gets sharper the more you use it?
- What can make an octopus laugh?
- What did the beach say when the tide came in?
- What’s black and white and read all over?
- Which weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of bricks?
- What has 13 hearts, but no other organs?
- What has a head and a tail, but no body?
- What is so delicate that saying its name breaks it?
- What has to be broken before you can use it?
- What has 13 hearts, but no other organs?
- What is the sweetest and most romantic fruit?
- What kind of food do mummies like to eat?
- Why is 6 afraid of 7?
- What can you hear but not touch or see?
- What is full of holes but still holds water?
Hard Riddles for Teens
- Read more:
- 16 Best Father Daughter Trips & Vacation Ideas
- How Long Does It Take to Get Pregnant? A Tryer’s Guide
- 50 Touching Blissful Birthday Mother Letter Concepts(Templates)
- Emotional Infidelity: What It Is and How to Address It
- The 15 Greatest Actions for Youngsters to Assist Them Be taught By Play
Some riddles are real stumpers; they take concentration and time to figure out. The following collection of hard riddles for teens work well in a riddle contest. Compete one-on-one or create teams and see who can answer each riddle correctly. Have fun challenging your family and friends to see if they can answer these tough riddles.
- Born in an instant, I tell all stories. I can be lost, but I never die. What am I?
What is 123456789?
- What word in the English language does the following: the first two letters signify a male, the first three letters signify a female, the first four letters signify greatness, while the entire world signifies a great woman.
- What 8 letter word can have consecutive letters taken out and still remain a word until only one letter is left?
- I sleep during the day and hide away.
I open at dawn’s light.
I only shine for the briefest time,
Then hide away and sleep through the day.
What am I?
- What can go up a chimney down, but cannot go down a chimney up?
- What number has all its letters in alphabetical order when spelled out?
- People walk in and out of me.
They push and I follow.
When they walk out on me, I close up, and I stay waiting for the next person to walk into my life when I am again open.
What am I?
- Runs smooth, can hit hard or soft. Loves to fall but cannot climb. What am I?
- They come in the night without being called, a sailor’s guide and a poet’s tears. They are lost to the sight each day without the hand of a thief.
- What is one thing a young child has that God does not?
- They are many and one, they wave and they drum. You take them with you everywhere. What are they?
- Four golfers named Mr. Black, Mr. White, Mr. Brown, and Mr. Blue were competing in a tournament. The caddy didn’t know their names, so he asked them. One of them, Mr. Brown, told a lie.
The 1st golfer said, “The 2nd Golfer is Mr. Black.”
The 2nd golfer said, “I am not Mr. Blue!”
The 3rd golfer said,”Mr. White? That’s the 4th golfer.”
And the 4th golfer remained silent.
Which one of the golfers is Mr. Blue?
Funny Riddles for Teens
What makes a riddle funny? Well, that is somewhat subjective. What one may think is funny may be simply silly to someone else. However, we think we have chosen some riddles perfect for tickling a teen’s funny bone. Read on and laugh!
- What do teens say when they have trouble with even numbers in their math class?
- Tuesday, Sam and Peter went to a restaurant to eat lunch. After eating lunch, they paid the bill. But Sam and Peter did not pay the bill, so who did?
- If you are running in a race and you pass the person in second place, what place are you in?
- I have a thousand wheels, but move I do not. Call me what I am, call me a lot.
- Two cannibals were chatting as they had their dinner. One complained that he really quite disliked his new mother-in-law. What was the advice given to him by his companion?
- What can you throw but not catch?
- Name three days consecutively where none of the seven days of the week appear.
- What happens four times in a teenager’s life, once in adult life and never in childhood?
- A fashion statement whose name sounds like the upper part of a mobile war machine.
- If an electric train is traveling south, which way is the smoke going?
- Two fathers and two sons went duck hunting. Each shot a duck, but they shot only three ducks in all. How come?
- You walk into a room with a match, a kerosene lamp, a candle, and a fireplace. Which do you light first?
- Though it is not an ox, it has horns. Though it is not a donkey, it has packed-saddle. And wherever it goes it leaves silver behind.
- What question can you never answer yes to?
- What has a neck but no head?
- Why couldn’t the teacher control her pupils?
- What is red, orange and full of disappointment?
- What book won’t teachers give you credit for reading?
- If a chemistry and biology teacher go to a bar, where do they sit?
- Why don’t history teachers want to teach about the Middle Ages? • What do you do if there is a kidnapping at high school?
Christmas Riddles for Teens
- Read more:
- The 10 Best Sex Positions for Guys With a Small Penis
- Why Do Happily Married Men Cheat on the Wives They Love?
- 10 Examples of Professional Goals For Work
- The 16 Best Baby Name Generators on the Internet
- 12 Types of Baby Poop & What They Mean (Infographic)
Holiday parties are fun, and they are even more fun with some Christmas riddles to add laughter. We have divided our list of Christmas riddles for teens into several different categories to help you remember them and share them with friends and family.
Elves, Reindeer, and Christmas Songs
- Why is Rudolph so good at answering trivia questions?
- What do elves learn in school?
- Which one of Santa’s reindeer can be seen on Valentine’s day?
- Which one of Santa’s reindeer can you see in outer space?
- Which one of Santa’s reindeer is the fastest?
- How do reindeer learn?
- What do elves play Solitaire with?
- Which song monkey sings on Christmas?
- What Christmas carol is probably loved by your parents?
- How so Spanish sheep greet each other on the Christmas Eve?
Mr. and Mrs. Clause
- What did Mrs. Claus say to Santa when she looked up in the sky?
- What’s red and white and goes up and down and up and down?
- Why is Santa so good at Karate?
- When Santa Claus leaves the North Pole in his sleigh on Christmas Eve, in which direction does he travel?
- What did Santa say when his toys were naughty?
- What does Santa do in his garden?
- What do you call a person who is afraid of Santa Claus?
Christmas Trees, Presents, and Ornaments
- Why are Christmas trees bad at knitting?
- What do you get if you cross an apple with a Christmas tree?
- What is the best present you can receive for Christmas?
- What happens if you eat the Christmas decorations?
- Why do mummies like Christmas so much?
- How did Darth Vader know what Luke Skywalker was getting for Christmas?
- Who delivers Christmas presents to dogs?
- How do Christmas trees keep their breath fresh?
- What did the bald man say when he was given a comb for Christmas?
- What does a snowman like to eat for breakfast?
- Who is never hungry on Christmas Day?
- What do vampires put on their Christmas turkey?
Some Silly Christmas Riddles
- When does Christmas come before Thanksgiving?
- What did Adam say the day before Christmas?
- Answer: What’s so special about the Christmas alphabet?
- What do you have in December that you don’t have in any other month?
- What do you call a snowman in the summer?
- Where does a snowman keep his money?
Well, now you have a teen riddle for just about everyone and any occasion. We hope you remember the short riddles to share with your friends. Enjoy stumping them with the hard and clever riddles. And when the holiday season comes, use our Christmas riddles for fun at a Christmas party. Ask away!